Monday, August 29

BBQ Apple Lime Pork Chops

Yesterday I planned out the meals for the week; I knew that I wanted to do pork chops tonight, but I needed a kid-friendly recipe... hmmm what to do?  Normally I like to have a spicy kick when I put some pork on my fork, but kids aren't always down with that!  Soooo I looked around the kitchen and here's what I came up with:

BBQ Apple Lime Pork Chops!
Ingredients:
4-6 centre cut chops
1 apple juice box (200ml)
juice of large lime
1tbsp freshly grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce


Nice grill marks Hot Toddy!

Method:
Put the chops in large ziplock bags - double bagged even b/c sometimes those pork bones cut plastic.... Mix the rest of your ingredients in a bowl then add to the bag.  Marinate overnight in the fridge.
Shrum's chops - they're from Stettler and sell at the RD Farmer's Market every Saturday.
 Go to bed and get some sleep - you know you're not getting enough!  Next day, get your grill going, medium high - maybe about 400degrees.  Transfer the chops to grill and grill as you like, but reserve the marinade!  Pour the marinade into a small sauce pan, bring to a boil, then simmer on medium until the sauce has reduced by half. 
Keep watch b/c that brown sugar likes to bubble quickly!!
You're going to serve this with the chops - deeeeeelish!!!  Once you're done grilling the chops, remove from grill, put on a plate and tent for about 5 minutes under some foil.  Serve with whatever turns your crank! 
This recipe would also taste great served spicy, so you could add some jalepenos into the marinade if you want to kick things up a notch!

No comments:

Post a Comment