Monday, October 24

Pumpkin Fudge (with butterscotch & walnuts)

Its all her fault; Erin grew too many pumpkins this year...   This Pumpkin Fudge was ONE of FOUR pumpkin sweets that we cooked up yesterday.   We both took a sampling to our offices and it seems to be a hit!  Enjoy:



Pumpkin Fudge (with butterscotch & walnuts)
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1 7 1/2 ounce jar of Marshmallow Fluff (scrape out as much as you can - its sticky!!!)
3/4 cup pureed pumpkin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Method:
Line a 9x9 inch pan with aluminum foil.   In a large saucepan, heat evaporated milk and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring with a wooden spoon - keep an eye on this, because you don't want that sugar to burn!  

very strange consistency at the beginning!
Slowly it starts to come together (this is after the pumpkin and fluff are added!)
Mix in pumpkin puree and cinnamon; raise up to a boil again. Stir in marshmallow creme, vanilla and butter. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring it constantly for about 18 - 20minutes - you will know it's ready because the colour of the mixture will deepen and take on a nice pumpkin colour.   

See what I mean - colour change!!
Remove from heat, and the butterscotch chips and walnuts . Stir until creamy and all chips are melted. Pour into prepared pan.

The hard part is waiting for it to set!!!
Cool, remove from pan, and cut into squares. 

Happy Halloween: Michael Myers helped out with the cutting!
Store in a cool, dry place.   WARNING: this fudge is majorly sweet, so cut into  very tiny pieces or you will look like a monster with no teeth by the time Halloween rolls around!

6 comments:

  1. I am your blog swap partner ;) aka new follower ;) Hope to find out what your interests are aside from cooking, so I can put my gift together!! ;)

    Feel free to pop by and say hello

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING the addition of butterscotch here! What a delicious twist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds way to good. I will have to make it for a party or something so I don't eat too much. I love adding butterscotch morsels to things and I love that this recipe is so easy...I don't want to use a thermometer and test for hard ball stage or what not. Thanks for sharing! Buzzed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Denise! The reason I chose this kind of recipe was b/c I don't have a thermometer and I had no idea what test for hard ball stage meant on other recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo this looks so sinfully delicious! Great festive recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you made this straight from a pumpkin. I must try some pumpkin fudge. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete