Wednesday, November 2

Classic Banana Chocolate Chip Loaf

I was cleaning out my freezer and realized I had an abundance of frozen black bananas....  Time for some Banana Bread!!  This recipe is a classic, I don't even know how it ended up in my little recipe box, but what I love about it is that there is not a lot of sugar.  This loaf is nice and mellow... super moist and not too sweet!


Classic Banana Chocolate Chip Loaf
Ingredients:

2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs

Method:
In large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt ;  in a separate bowl, whisk together bananas, butter, milk and eggs; pour over flour mixture and stir just until blended, and then add chocolate chips. 



Spread in a 9x5 greased loaf pan.... (I use 2 little ones instead; one loaf for work, one for home).


Bake in centre of 350degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Turn out onto rack; let cool completely.


Tonight I made the most amazing soup EVER thanks to this recipe posted at Pate a Chew.  Oh. My. God.  This soup is killer!  The pistou is amazing.  LOVE IT.  Please visit this blog and take this recipe for a test-drive - awesome awesome awesome.

DROOL!!

5 comments:

  1. Banana and chocolate pair so well! the recipe sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana Loaf is the best! Reminds me of when I was younger :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so making this! I have lots of bananas in the freezer too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic - I may have my own staple banana bread recipe but I think I might have to change it to adding chocolate chips and maybe even some coconut - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, this looks so moist and sweet, and chocolate chips make everything better ;) Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete