Sunday, November 20

Slowcooker Sweet & Sour Pork Chops

A lazy Sunday indeed - too cold to do anything and I don't have my winter tires on yet (installed on Tuesday!) and I'm super paranoid to drive on the roads in the Mazda.  Argh - never bought them in my life, but my new car is so light that it just flies on our stupid icy roads - especially in the Close I live in!  I can't wait to get the tires on and I am going to totally off-road when they're on - just kidding!! I will feel a lot safer though!

Anyways, today I used pantry and freezer items and cooked this dish up:


Slowcooker Sweet & Sour Pork Chops
Ingredients:
4 centre-cut pork chops
1 can pineapple chunks (separated the juice and fruit - keep both)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp cornstarch
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
1 large green pepper, chopped
1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped

serve with: quinoa (cooking directions for quinoa on this page)

Method:
Spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.  Put the chops in and arrange as evenly as you can... I took them right out of the deep-freeze and right into the slowcooker.  Top the chops with the pepper, onion and carrots.

In a bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic, ginger and pineapple juice.  Pour this on top of the chops and veg and stir so that everything gets coated.



Set slowcooker for 5 1/2 hours on low, stirring once or twice during cooking time.  When you're almost ready to eat, stir in the pineapple and heat through - about 5 or 10 minutes.


Pretty easy for a Sunday hey?  Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment