Wednesday, December 14

Candy Cane Fudge

I love fudge!  I tried a new method this year - NO marshmallows and NO sugar - what I got was a really smooth and creamy fudge - didn't need a candy thermometer and things didn't go all "crystally" with it either!  Deeeeelish!  It comes together super quick so I don't even have any pictures showing the "making of" sorry.



Here's the dets:

Candy Cane Fudge
Ingredients:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp peppermint extract or flavouring
1/4 cup crushed candy canes

Method:
Line a 9x12 baking pan with plastic wrap, making sure the wrap is long enough to hang over the edges (this is going to come in handy when you lift the fudge out of the pan later!)

Get a double boiler going on the stove (home-made version: get a big pot with a couple inches of water on the bottom and then a place a glass bowl on top so that the ingredients melt from the indirect heat.)

Add all of the ingredients except for the crushed candy canes.  Stir ingredients until they are melted and smooth.  Once smooth, transfer the fudge to your prepared pan.  Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top and now it's just a waiting game for that fudge to set up.  I actually had enough restraint to let it set up OVER NIGHT.  I know - almost impossible, but achievable if you make the fudge at 11pm on a Sunday night.

Once set, grabbing the plastic wrap, transfer the fudge to a cutting board.  Cut into little 1 inch squares and store in an airtight container.  Lasts a couple weeks.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Seems so easy ! I'm definitely trying this tonight ! Thanks for the recipe !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that's a recipe even I shouldn't be able to mess up :) Looks wonderful, and I loove fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so delicious and easy!
    Love your blog! Nice finding you! Visit me at: my-greek-cooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete