Sunday, July 31

...catching up after vacation

Todd and I had a great vacation driving, driving, driving, through the mountains of southern BC and ending up in sunny Kelowna to have some bonding time with my cousin David.  Some of the great highlights of our adventure was an unplanned visit to hippy-town Nelson, and then the opportunity to travel through Osoyoos and all the way stopping at some amazing wineries!  Up until this trip, I would consider Todd a wine "virgin" but I think I may have converted him a bit - he may actually enjoy drinking wine now!  (possibly because he has a better appreciation for all the hard work that goes into the craft of wine-making, but that's just a guess!)

We had some great food along the way; probably my favourite, even dream-worthy stop was El Taco in Nelson.  Home of the famous 1lb burrito - omg - home of the best burrito and sauce bar I've ever come across and trust me, I loves me my tacos and burritos!!!

Hidden away, worth the hunt and wait!! (didn't open till 3pm!)
nom, nom, nom
When we weren't sniffing and sipping wine at one of the many amazing Okanagan wineries, Todd and I were sight-seeing and hanging out with my cousin, which meant lots of good meals!!  We had our first ever Ukrainian Beach Party - complete with grilled kolbassa, perogies and sour cream!!

Have you ever boiled perogies on a Coleman stove? TIP: you need a big pot!!
Heaven on a plate on a hot day!

Wineries of note:
Burrowing Owl Estate Winery
Church and State Wines
Mission Hill Winery
Volcanic Hills Winery
Rollingdale Winery
St-Hubertus Estate Winery
Summerhill Pyramid Winery
CedarCreek Estate Winery


Mission Hill cellar: When can I move in?
Now that we're back home and all of our wine purchases are nestled away in the wine rack, I look forward to adding some of my latest kitchen creations!  Up next: what to do with all the peaches I purchased in the OK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment