Thursday, August 11

I Heart Alberta Beef

I love steak.  It's simple as that!  Even though a good steak will taste great grilled "naked," I love experimenting with making marinades.  Here's my super easy marinade that I made today for some delicious beef tenderloin steaks (and could be used for buffalo, venison, chicken, or even portabello mushrooms)

Grilling Marinade:
Ingredients:
4 steaks of your choice - I used beef tenderloin steaks
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1tbsp balsamic vinegar
1tbsp Dijon mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper

Method:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until slightly emulsified.  Add your meat and marinate in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.  Take your meat out of the fridge about 30 mins before you grill.  Get the grill nice and hot and then call Todd to bbq your steaks b/c I screw them up every time haha.  When you take them off the grill, let them rest under a foil tent for 5 minutes before serving.

Because Todd and I are living modified paleo, I served our tenderloins on a bed of wild arugula & spinach medly (no extra dressing required) with grilled veg on the side.  No carbs!  We also cracked a bottle of wine (ok some carbs!) that we got on our recent wine country adventure: Cedar Creek Estate Winery Syrah - great pairing!!




Me and Cousin David at Cedar Creek winery

1 comment: