Monday, January 2

Rosemary Lemon Chicken Skewers

First post of 2012!  I bought a tablet over the holidays and I have to admit, I have a love/hate relationship with it!!  I thought this would be the cat's meow for my blogging life, but it just ain't panning out so!  Having some probs with importing pictures and hyperlinks, and testing my patience!!!  I'm sure I will figure it out eventually OR I might just end up returning this dang thing and getting a wee laptop except then NO Angry Birds!  Argh - ok that's my first and last vent of the year, I promise!  On to the food...

I love rosemary & lemon together - so zesty and reminds me of spring, which totally sums up today (+6degrees on January 2 - WTH!?!)

Here's something I whipped up:


Rosemary Lemon  Chicken Skewers
Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts, cubed
juice of one lemon
4 tbsp olive oil
3 large cloves of garlic
1/2 large sprig of rosemary, leaves removed from stem
1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
salt and pepper

Method:
Cut up chicken breasts into one-inch cubes and put into a large ziplock bag.  Set aside while you make the marinade.


In a mini chopper or food processor, combine, the lemon juice, oil, garlic, mustard, rosemary, salt & pepper.


Pour into the ziplock with the chicken cubes and marinate for at least 30 minutes - up to a day and it will be so tender!  After the chicken is done marinating, thread the chicken cubes onto skewers that have been soaked in water.

Heat up your indoor or outdoor grill and get the party started!  I did about 8 minutes per side and then let the skewers rest for about 5 minutes after - served with basmati rice and steamed veg!  So easy and quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment