Saturday, September 3

"Dill"-ishious Dinner!

Today I had the pleasure of visiting Erin & Shannon at their amazing city garden plot, located at the Red Deer City limits!  They have put a ton of work into their little plot and they are getting great pay-offs!!  And lucky for me, they are sharing their bounty: today I scored some delicious sweet young leeks, carrots (some of them were kind of pervy!), russet potatoes and lots of sweet yummy dill!! \


His and Hers carrots.... dirty lil things!

So I came home and made some chips - remember my sweet potato chips?  Same method, just with E&S's russets.  Then I put together a quick bbq meal to enjoy those awesome veggies; on the menu: bbq scalloped potatoes, bbq carrots and leeks, and salmon with a dill dip.


The assembly of dinner was actually quite easy; I spread out 2 separate pieces of heavy duty foil.  For the scalloped potatoes, I combined thinly sliced potatoes (I did this on my mandolin same time I was prepping for the chips), dill sprigs, sliced green onion, butter, salt & pepper for taste and a splash of cream.  For the carrots, I combined thinly sliced carrots, sliced leeks, butter, salt and pepper to taste.  Chuck the packages on the grill on medium for about 30 minutes... if you slice the veg thinly, it will cook pretty quick!


Yogurt Dill Sauce (for fish)
Ingredients:
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
2 tbsp green onion (white & green parts) finely chopped
1/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning
salt and pepper
juice of half of a small lemon - more if you like things more tangy!

Method:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Reserve about 4 tbsp for basting your fish while it's on the grill.  Use the rest for serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment