Sunday, September 4

Shrimp and Mango Guacamole

Today was a great day spend fishing with Todd, Erin and Boy Shannon out at Blackstone Creek.  Good times were had by all, even if none of us caught a damn thing!  I caught some rocks and bashed my bobber thing but it's no big deal!  Perfect weather and perfect company!!

When we got home I decided I wasn't really in the mood to cook anything complicated for dinner, so I grilled some spicy paleo shrimp, whipped up a Mango Guacamole (kind of a variation of my Mango Salsa) and served with multigrain tortilla chips.


Mango Guacamole
Ingredients:
1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced
1 ripe avocado, diced
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped - more if you want something spicy
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
juice of large lime
salt to taste

Method:
Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl.  Serve with tortilla chips and shrimp, chicken, whatevs!  Great as an appetizer at a Mexican party (you know we love those here in the Deer!)

In case you were wondering what a group of Red Deer Foodies would eat on a fishing trip; we made Angus Beef Smokies on whole wheat paninis, served with Erin's quinoa salad.  Very delicious!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so appetising! I love all the food that is laid on the plate...tortilla, salsa, shrimp...yummy!

    ReplyDelete